Friday, October 05, 2007

Just Kidding!

Lindley wasn't able to go home today after all. The cardiologist yesterday must have been smoking crack. I wasn't comfortable with the thought of her going home so early because she still looked really weak. She hadn't even stood up yet. Her echocardiogram showed great results this morning! Woo hoo!

The reason she's not being released is that she's anemic. This morning she was back to not eating, and what little she drank was immediately thrown up. She was very weak. The doctor said she probably wouldn't get to go home until Monday. I wanted her to be well enough to go home today, but I could tell she wasn't. I'm relieved they knew as well as her mother to keep her under medical supervision. :) I couldn't imagine her traveling 3 hours in a car seat in the sickly state she was in.

After her nap today, good things happened! She finally agreed to walk! She was very careful and played with her brother and sister in the toy room. She had her heart monitor tucked into the back of her pants. Then she became very fatigued and her Pappaw carried her back to bed. She didn't eat her dinner. :(

That is all for my updates. I'm doing a ton of laundry tonight at the Ronald McDonald House before heading back to the hospital. We've only slept here two nights, but the kids have taken naps here during the day. Anyway, I know we'll be wanting to jump in the car and leave when Lindley's released and the rules of the RMDH are that you wash every linen from the mattress cover to the blankets to the bedspread. Plus I've still got all the normal stuff like towels and sheets to wash as well as vacuuming to do. I cleaned the bathroom this morning thinking I wouldn't be here tonight, so I'm going to keep it nice and clean by not staying here anymore! I slept on a twin bed, and Michael slept with Lindley on the full sized bed the one night he was here.

I hear that people still share full sized beds even though they were born in the 20th century and have full sized bodies like those of us born further into the decade (as if I'm tall). My grandfather was a tiny man and would have fit perfectly in a full sized bed with his wife. My husband is 6 feet tall and his shoulder span hogs the bed. I'm not into touching while sleeping, so we're used to a king sized bed. We whine even when we have to share a queen because our butts touch when we lay on our sides.

Why am I telling you all this? I'm whining. I'll shut up now.

That is all.

19 Comments:

  • I had just checked the site and read the post below, then came back to re-read one part and saw your new post...threw me for a second:) I'm glad they decided to keep her longer too...I went home early from my 2nd back surgery (way more minor than heart surgery!) and I really shouldn't have. It's better to stay as long as possible, even though it stinks to be in the hospital...hopefully, she'll be strong enough to go home soon though:)
    So glad to hear she's doing so well!

    By Blogger C, at Fri Oct 05, 07:23:00 PM  

  • I am not very tall and I must admit that I don't care much for sharing a small bed with anyone. I guess we people born in the late 20th century are simply spoiled!

    Anyhow, I hope Lindley recovers swiftly and gets to go home soon. Hospitals are no fun.

    By Blogger Terence Towles Canote, at Fri Oct 05, 08:37:00 PM  

  • I hope Lindley gets to make the trip home Monday. Sucks that she couldn't leave today, but thankfully you and the drs were smart enough to keep her in the hospital!

    I hope the poor kid is feeling better soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Oct 05, 09:47:00 PM  

  • I'm glad they aren't giving you the bum's rush out of the hospital. Our girl needs her rest before she goes home.

    By Blogger Merle Sneed, at Fri Oct 05, 11:42:00 PM  

  • I will be praying that she is up for eating tomorrow. I was pleased to hear she was up and played with her siblings....that is nice.
    continued prayers.

    By Blogger Corey~living and loving, at Sat Oct 06, 12:39:00 AM  

  • You are so cute....
    it's good to be silly... lighten things up a little..
    I can just hear you whining in your cute little southern voice...
    Uh.. yah... not butt touching when you're trying to sleep!

    Anyhoo...
    sounds like things are going swell.

    Thinking of you!

    Big heart (((hugs)))

    By Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia, at Sat Oct 06, 10:33:00 AM  

  • I meant... "no butt touching"...
    not not butt touching..

    By Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia, at Sat Oct 06, 10:34:00 AM  

  • butt touching? oi vay... the visuals, the visuals.

    I dunno if I am alone, but (one "t" not 2) I sure am glad you decided to keep on blogging.

    Some day, that little girl is gonna hike right on up to the top of Pike's Peak. And you'll be thinking... I remember when she was a little girl getting her leak fixed.

    meow

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Oct 06, 11:39:00 AM  

  • Glad things are going well, I would hope that Monday everyone is ready to go home. :)

    Yeah we got spoiled by our king bed, and complain when we have to sleep in a queen or worse. :)

    By Blogger g-man, at Sat Oct 06, 02:03:00 PM  

  • I agree that the doctor that thought you would be going home today was on crack when Lindley was obviously not up to it! It's hard to see our little ones so fragile after surgery but on the other hand, Lindley is making progress by leaps and bounds!

    I'm so glad that you are feeling better on the Cymbalta. That's what I take! I still have some moment of anxiety and I take Xanax for that. I don't need it very often, thank goodness. I don't take any sleep aids since they make me so loopy that if Jess needed my help at night, I wouldn't be able to concentrate enough to help her.

    I hope that little Miss Lindley can get her strength up and eat and walk around. I'm glad that she got to spend some time with her sister and brother in the playroom. It's awesome that your parents were able to go with you and help out with the kids.

    By Blogger Nancy Jensen, at Sat Oct 06, 02:59:00 PM  

  • I'm so pleased she's doing better x

    made me laugh about the bed size.. I was nodding along... and laughing... we have a king sized bed and we whine like you wouldn't believe when we have to share anything other than a king size or .. two singles.. yes I would rather sleep in two singles than share a normal double bed with BN... he is 6ft 3 and changes sleeping position about 50 times a night.

    I would never sleep!!! :o)

    By Blogger Little Nut Tree, at Sat Oct 06, 04:13:00 PM  

  • My wife and I have the same sleeping problem! I am glad things are going well!

    By Blogger David, at Sun Oct 07, 12:24:00 AM  

  • A larger bed won't help me. My special someone crawls over next to me no matter how large the mattress is. Picture me on the very edge of the bed with my arm slipping off the side. Or not.

    By Blogger Kurt, at Sun Oct 07, 10:55:00 AM  

  • WHY are you telkling us this? because we want to know how its going silly.

    sounds good she gotup and played...even if she got fatigued...

    By Blogger carmachu, at Sun Oct 07, 12:05:00 PM  

  • Glad to hear that things are going well for Lindley and your family. Sounds like they are taking good care of her while there. Hopefully she will be going home today and be well recovered by Halloween or Thanksgiving. Kids sometimes heal faster than adults.

    I also hope you get a good night's sleep soon. So you are an "untouchable" while sleeping, trying to sleep or upon waking or maybe all the above - lol. I think there is more to this story. Perhaps you will share in some future post.

    By Blogger Doughnut, at Mon Oct 08, 05:56:00 AM  

  • Hope you get to go home soon.

    I'm not even going to get into all of the stuff about not liking to touch when you're sleeping and butts touching!

    By Blogger Southern (in)Sanity, at Mon Oct 08, 02:33:00 PM  

  • I am glad she is continuing to improve. I am sure it will be a slow process....but I am glad they are going to let her get stronger before she leaves.

    Good luck!

    By Blogger Queen of the Mayhem, at Mon Oct 08, 05:55:00 PM  

  • prayers, all of them were heard! I am thrilled that your baby is doing well.

    By Blogger Marcia, at Mon Oct 08, 08:04:00 PM  

  • Wow, I just came to see if there were any updates, and I'm so glad that she's doing so well...and glad for you guys! Thanks for keeping us posted...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Oct 08, 09:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home