Monday, November 05, 2007

Fun Without Kids

We had another weekend without kids! Woo hoo! They went camping with the grandparents! As you will see, we did what weird people do when they don't have children draining their energy and spontaneity.

First we went to a nice restaurant where we had our rehearsal dinner 12 years ago.












These flowers were supposed to be delivered to the restaurant and waiting as a surprise for me when we arrived. Wouldn't that have been awesome!?!


















Unfortunately, the florist didn't get the flowers to the restaurant before they closed at 2. The florist closed at 3, so they ruined the entire thing and delivered them to our house right after I got home from errands. Idiots. They even got the card wrong, but Ironman still got all the brownie points. You wouldn't know by looking at it, but that arrangement was almost too heavy for me to lift, and I'm used to picking up one or two kids at a time.

These next pictures are in random order because I'm not talented enough to upload them correctly.

In this picture you will see that Ironman Jr. is already showing up even though it's only 7 weeks old and is the size of a grape. Somehow that translates to 3 pounds and a protruding abdomen on me. I blame the fact that it's the 3rd pregnancy and 4th child. My abs gave up a long time ago.
























Posing with the art rock.


















Lovers on a bench I. Too bad all these pics were made after dinner when I had no lipstick left.



















Lovers on a bench II.


















Little girl in a big hat I.





















Little girl in a big hat II. I was hoisted up there.





















Simon says hug a tree I.























Simon says hug a tree II.


















Impaled pig sculpture. My hands were on his hooves, but it just looks like I'm in the midst of pig worship.



















Come on, get happeeee!

























There was a full Charlie's Angels pose going on there. Don't ask me why the man didn't get the entire shot.

Arrrrgh! None of the text will stay with the pictures when it's published from here down no matter what I try. How weird! Hope you can make sense of it.

Wondering why he married me...




We have bright lights, too.



And then the fun ended when Ironman got busted for playing on fine art sculptures. I walked away like I didn't know him.



11 Comments:

  • I have been reading your blog for a couple of months and read about the flooding town late this summer and never connected it to the fact that you live in my town until I saw your pictures from your "Fun" weekend! I have even read your blog to my husband because I find it so hilarious. How crazy that you live here. Congrats on the pregnancy and glad everything has gone so well with Lindley, keep writing this hilarious stuff. Take care.

    Jennifer

    By Blogger Jenn in Tex, at Mon Nov 05, 03:47:00 PM  

  • That pig looks alive.

    By Blogger Kurt, at Mon Nov 05, 03:48:00 PM  

  • Jenn in Tex--NO WAY! What a small world! I was bummed there was no link back to you, but maybe you'll see my response here...which you should know almost NEVER happens.
    Thanks for reading my blog! Let me know if you're on Facebook or have a blog. Later!

    Also Jennifer--Jennyhaha

    By Blogger Flawed And Disorderly, at Mon Nov 05, 04:42:00 PM  

  • Y'all are just a bunch of dorks, huh? LMAO

    By Blogger *~*Cece*~*, at Mon Nov 05, 06:41:00 PM  

  • ahhhhhh, how nice that you and ironman had a nice evening together. I just kept wondering who was taking all the pictures of the two of you? LOL!

    And... I've been through the pregnancy thing 4 times and the miracle of it all is still sooooo amazing. Some days when my teens are giving me lip I wonder why I had so many... haha! But seriously, it is a wondrous thing! CONGRATS!!!

    By Blogger Nancy Jensen, at Mon Nov 05, 11:33:00 PM  

  • Happy Anniversary!!! And that pig is GROSS!

    By Blogger Miss Notesy, at Tue Nov 06, 08:01:00 AM  

  • Wait a darn minute. There are two Jennifers in Texas and in the same town?

    By Blogger Merle Sneed, at Tue Nov 06, 08:24:00 AM  

  • too cute!

    By Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia, at Tue Nov 06, 05:04:00 PM  

  • Best health always for Lindley. (I had thought her surgery would be in Feb.) Congrats on your new little bean sprout. Missed you!

    By Blogger Bobby D., at Thu Nov 08, 04:19:00 PM  

  • you and ironman are so adorable together and congrats on the new baby...I just love your writing..you are so far advanced...I don't even know how to upload a picture...visit my site someday...and I am so happy about Lindley and hope you are all healthy....maun

    By Blogger mauniejames3, at Sun Nov 11, 11:51:00 AM  

  • First, and most importantly, it's my humble opinion that you staged the photo with Ironman preparing for a pat-down in order to take a picture of his bum.

    Second, I'm very glad to hear that your daughter is recovering from her surgery. The fact that she's around and kicking makes me a little happier as a human being. I have no idea why. I just know it's true.

    Third, actually, I don't have a third, but it seemed wrong to end after "second."

    By Blogger Tom, at Sun Nov 11, 03:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home