Monday, February 25, 2008

I Suck

Update: Photos removed for safety reasons.

This post is for Ironman.



Hi Ironman! I'm writing! Are you happy now??? He's been complaining for a couple of weeks now that I'm not consistently providing material, and he's tired of checking. (The picture of Big Ironman and Little Ironman is completely irrelevant. I just came across it and wanted to post it.)



I know. I'm not fulfilling my blog obligation...my blogligation. I thought I was back on a writing roll again, but then I got sick. And then I started painting a couple of rooms in the house....and ordering everything for a kitchen remodel. And it's all got to be done fast! I don't want this dragging out through the end of my third trimester which starts any time now. I have no idea when, but it's coming. I need closure on the nesting. I NEED CLOSURE ON THE NESTING!



But at least now I know that Ironman won't be pressured by my time lines. I had expected him to do a certain number of tasks before the twins' party this weekend. I had four unpainted and unhung doors in our dining room that I felt really needed to be taken care of at some point in a two week period. The party was the deadline. As of two hours before the party, all of the doors were still blocking access to our dining table. I think I'm supposed to consider myself lucky that he moved them at all to the wreck of a nursery which I had also wanted finished by the party. Silly me! So will I get closure on the nesting? Will my house be unlivable as I come home from a c-section with a newborn in my arms? Probably so...unless he cherishes certain privileges. If that's the case, he needs to find some motivation before the anxiety of it all makes me unbearable to live with, and I'm sure he would argue now that I'm already to that point. It's like he's never been pregnant before! Gah! Does he not get it??? DOES HE NOT GET IT???



And I am carrying his fourth child. Don't you think he could suck it up and do a little painting and hang a few doors...change out a few counter tops...install a couple of new appliances? He's a manly man. He can do it. You can DEWIT, Ironman! I believe in you!



Anyway, my twins turned four yesterday and I didn't get any good pics of them. Happy birthday, Twinkies! Here's the only cute one I got because my camera was dying. Luckily family members were snapping lots of pics! I edited it for red-eye and cropping, yet it won't upload the edited version. This reminds me of the old Blogger days! Thanks, Old Blogger, for rearing your incompetent head and eating some rancid butta!





And then there's this shot for those of you wanting to see the blobbity blob. I can't for the life of me get it to load right side up. Let's hope I look better on my side. In my defense, I was VERY sick when this picture was taken. I didn't even say a proper good-bye to my guests, and I proceeded to be miserable for the next three hours because, well, I'll spare you details.

I hope Ironman is satisfied with this post even though it was less than glowing about his participation efforts on the home front. :D I have to pack up the kids now and take them to their grandparents! Woo hoo! A night off!


9 Comments:

  • Ca-yute top! Hardly a blob, or at least you can't tell under that cute top! Sorry the hubs flaked out on ya about the house. I know the feeling. It's got to be important to THEM for it to get done in a reasonable time frame. Don't even get me started...

    Loved the butta line.

    Can't believe our chillens are four. Isn't it amazing? Seriously, when did that happen? In all that time I was beating my head against the corner of the house?

    By Blogger headlesschickie, at Mon Feb 25, 04:34:00 PM  

  • I think I nest, to this day, and my baby is almost 6! Ok, so its probably not nesting as it is my CONTROL FREAK NATURE! lol I know what you're talking about when you say deadlines, painting & installing counters/cabinets. Been there & done that! Oy.

    You look so cute pregnant!

    By Blogger *~*Cece*~*, at Mon Feb 25, 05:56:00 PM  

  • Hurrah for updates!
    Finally! I still check daily, just in case, and it paid off...

    Poor Ironman looks shattered, leave him be, he'll do the job "soon" which is man speak, don'tchaknow.

    You look great with the belly - though your definition of "blob" is very inaccurate.

    By Blogger Dan, at Tue Feb 26, 01:24:00 AM  

  • Awww, you look adorable! Even sick, and pregnant, or sick of being pregnant!

    By Blogger Erin, at Tue Feb 26, 06:48:00 AM  

  • I've considered leaving subtle hints like this on my blog and then subtley telling Richard he should read it. Public shaming is an excellent motivator.

    Those portraits above are beautiful, btw. I think the photo is the way to go. Can you imagine asking a toddler to sit for a portrait? Ha!

    By Blogger Unknown, at Tue Feb 26, 02:15:00 PM  

  • Well, aren't you cuter than a bug's ear? Glad to hear from you.

    By Blogger Merle Sneed, at Tue Feb 26, 02:59:00 PM  

  • WOW you are baaack--I have been sick and struggling to keep up the blog--Forget daily, but I had some drafts I was able to post.

    By Blogger Bobby D., at Sat Mar 01, 06:50:00 AM  

  • They're FOUR?! How did this happen???

    You look GREAT, mama!!! Nice to have something to read here again! :-P

    By Blogger Ladybug, at Sun Mar 02, 09:35:00 PM  

  • Interesting to know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Nov 11, 01:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home