Thursday, May 08, 2008

Since I wrote you last, I've dealt with all three children getting the moaning virus. Before the virus hit the third child full on, the other two came down with ear infections. We did ten days of antibiotics, but Gracie still says her ear hurts. Back to the doctor tomorrow for 4 year old check up for the twins and another ear check. Good times!

This post will be a random combo of updates, so try to follow...

This is a giant egg in a pair of pants.



Just kidding. It's a Weeble Wobble.


Just kidding. It's Faith. In black and white to disguise her mother's road map of veins going every which way. She will be here in 5 weeks! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!


Here's a "CRAP IN A BAG!!!" shout out to my sister who sold her house before a sign was even in her yard. For what I'm sure were reasons that made sense to someone at the time, they agreed to be out of their house in less than a month. I believe it's less than 14 days at this point, and they have found no home to move into.


CRAP IN A BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My youngest turned 3 years old a couple of weeks ago, but we had too many sick little ones in the house to have his birthday party, so I bought them all huge balloons to cheer them up. It's not unusual for me to buy so many groceries that I need a second cart to haul them all out to the car. Someone was called to help me push the load out. I tied all the balloons to the handle of one of the carts because we have crazy wild wind here in the spring. Anyway, I waited and waited and no one came to help me. After another request was made, a guy started walking towards me that freaked me out a little. I copped a squat partly because my body was aching by that point and partly because I was hoping against hope that my help wasn't the guy approaching me. I know. I'm a horrible person.

He was tall and skinny with long, red, WILD hair going in all directions. If he were a Muppet, he'd be Animal with much more hair.

He was wearing dark sunglasses indoors as well as gloves with no fingers in them which I today became convinced must be standard issue for cart wranglers at Walmart...but I didn't know that at the time.

Thanks to ducking, he walked right past me. But then I had no one to take out my cart. DANGIT! THINK AHEAD, JENNIFER! THINK AHEAD!

He appeared to be quite the wild child, punk rocker, crazy kid of these days wearing painted on black jeans and who probably had things pierced that I didn't want to see pierced like his eyelids and Adam's apple or something.

The older I get, the less open minded I become about people who want to make statements that scream, "I'm different! Screw society and the norm! But don't judge me for intentionally looking like a freak!" That may cost me friends and readers, but it's one of the many ugly truths about me.

So anyway, still needing a cart pusher, they sent the guy back my way. I was taken aback by his ability to instantly engage me in conversation and get a smile on my face which is no easy task after two hours in Walmart.

He stuck his head between the balloons and said, "Gee, I hope these don't make my hair look frizzy."

Could have knocked me over with a feather. It's like he was able to read a big thought bubble hanging over my head that said, "That guy has a ton of frizzy, red, hair." He made me laugh really hard. So hard that I was embarrassed to make eye contact with him today when he was yet again my cart guy. We barely spoke, but it turns out he's a surprisingly handsome guy once you get past his appearance. Weird, but true.

And while I'm on the subject of Walmart, I have to tell you I LOVE the extra big black bags you can purchase for a buck to cart home your groceries. I bought ten since I always have so many groceries, and I've hardly ever used them all. They hold so much more stuff than the plastic bags, they're boxy on the bottom, so they don't turn over in your car, and they make getting groceries into the house SO much faster! The handles are long enough to throw over your shoulder, so you can load up like a pack mule. I take them with me every week, and they work like a charm! I never thought I'd be one of those people, but they're great. And I can look down my nose at the people who don't use them. PLANET DESTROYERS!!! Just kidding. I filled up a landfill single-handedly with disposable diapers the years I had 3 children wearing them day and night. I don't do much to help the planet, so this is my tiny contribution that happens to have turned out to be a benefit to me more than the planet probably. I find that I use the bags for all kinds of things.

I also took my first load of #1 and #2 recyclables to the recycling place today. Woo hoo! Our town is too lame to provide us with containers for recycling or the service where they pick it up for you, so I haven't bothered with it since we moved here several years ago. I did it all wrong. I put them all in the same place instead of separating them. Oooooo well. Next time I'll separate.

It seems like I had something else to add to this update, but my brain is dimming so quickly these days. Shut up. I know what some of you were thinking.

That is all.








7 Comments:

  • First? First? I'm NEVER first on commenting! Sweet! Oh yeah, its not all about me, is it? lol

    I enjoy reading random posts! I can't believe you're due in 5 WEEKS! Where has time gone?

    And isn't it frightening when we judge first and get to know second? Usually we are proven wrong. Been there. Done that.

    By Blogger *~*Cece*~*, at Thu May 08, 05:01:00 PM  

  • Seriously? You are one of the Save The Earth People who use those bags? Geez. I used to like you.

    Just kidding. I think you may have sold me on trying them out.

    By Blogger Miss Notesy, at Thu May 08, 08:06:00 PM  

  • those cloth bags with straps rock-- and they never break--I have some that are 12 years old. I love those bags.

    By Blogger Bobby D., at Thu May 08, 10:18:00 PM  

  • people consider me quite handsome. well, my mom does. well, sometimes.

    By Blogger Squirrel, at Thu May 08, 11:20:00 PM  

  • I suspect you wait to get online until your kids have a virus because every other time you update they're sick. I hope they everyone feels better soon. It's not fair for a mom as far along in her pregnancy as you to have to take care of sick kiddos!

    By Blogger Unknown, at Fri May 09, 12:46:00 AM  

  • I firmly believe that if recycling is inconvenient, it's not worth it. If the city would have curbside collection, more people would do it. It's a pain in the A to store it, haul it, waste gas driving it somewhere, and dumping it yourself. It's time for the city to get serious about it.

    I only recycle because our city picks it up every other week. If I had to take it somewhere myself, I would never bother. Screw you, Mother Earth!

    Oh, and what do we do when all the plastic bad factories go out of business? Are we supposed to feel guilty? Maybe they'll all get transferred to the reusable bag department.

    By Blogger Erin, at Fri May 09, 07:00:00 AM  

  • Good luck in 5 weeks!

    By Blogger carmachu, at Mon May 12, 07:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home