Monday, June 09, 2008

Last OB appt before c-section!

Okay, so apparently Faith took her due date very seriously. I'm still a couple of weeks away from being a full 40 weeks, but for some reason I thought she wanted out as much as I want her out.

Not the case.

I went in for my LAST doctor appointment today. Next Monday is my c-section. I kind of expected to hear there was at least a little change after all the contractions I've been having. No dilation whatsoever and she still hasn't dropped.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??????

So it looks like it's on for Monday. By this time next Monday, I'll be getting sewn back up and sent to recovery. The doc said the surgery starts at 12:00 and Faith will probably be out by 12:15.

We can actually have a video camera at this hospital which is a first for us. Now I can finally have Ironman on tape saying, "Do you smell that? That's your flesh burning from where they're cutting you open."

I can't decide if I want to ban all video from over the sheet or not. My first instinct was to warn Ironman that he couldn't videotape the gaping hole in my body. That's what the sheet is up for--so that I don't have to see myself being sliced from hip to hip.

For the record, Ironman, I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THEM CUT INTO ME!!!

But I would be slightly interested in seeing them pull that little chickie out. We have still shots of Alex being lifted out, and everything is covered. My stomach doesn't even look like my stomach. It looks like he's being pulled out of the foam from a couch cushion or something.

If Ironman video tapes it, and it turns out horribly graphic, we don't ever have to watch it again. It will be shelved like our wedding video which is too traumatic for either of us to watch. Ironman looks like he's on the verge of running out of the church while he's watching all of the bride's maids file in. I look like I'm about to faint the entire way down the aisle. But once I get up to the front with him, it turns into a giant cheese fest that makes me get stomach cramps from watching it. It's like I need to take some Imodium A-D before I sit down to watch it.

I repeat all of my vows like a really bad soap star--complete with dramatic head movements for emphasis on all the really important parts.

But I digress...so I've gained about 50 pounds with this pregnancy which is my norm. I gained about 10 pounds more with the twins, but I only went to 34 weeks with them. Had I gone full term, I'm sure I would have gained over 70 pounds.

There is no (good) excuse for my weight gain, but my frame is never prepared for me throwing on that much weight. I know that has something to do with why I'm in so much pain all the time. I'm not letting Faith off the hook that easily though. She has certainly done her fair share to add to the tonnage. Six pounds, 11 ounces is nothing to sneeze at. She has to accept responsibility for her part of it. It takes two to eat all of those cookies.

I'm currently contemplating a nap versus cleaning. This is my last week to get my house in perfect order if I'm ever going to do it. But I work better under pressure. I'm thinking Sunday night is the time to spazz out and clean. Looks like it's nap time.


7 Comments:

  • I was 1.5 ounces short of being an eleven pound baby. That's right 11 lbs. and my mom was a skinny little 5'0" tall person.

    I believe it was because I was perfectly comfortable and didn't want to come out.

    My mom lost all her baby weight (from all 6 kids!) with no trouble -- she was always walking to work, and liked playing sporty games with us kids at the park--She could beat all us girls at races and she could do handstands and cartwheels.

    I mention handstands and cartwheels because I know you want to think about doing those real soon.

    By Blogger Bobby D., at Mon Jun 09, 05:01:00 PM  

  • Hi again.

    By Blogger Bobby D., at Mon Jun 09, 08:08:00 PM  

  • I'm not trying to scare you or anything... and once you're not pregnant (unless you want to now) you can kick my a$$ later for saying this but I am willing to bet dear Faith is over 7lbs. In fact I would be willing to wager a guess that she is around 7 lbs 6oz.

    When I had Bug some 12 years ago, he was born right at 36 weeks and we were told that he may be 5 or 6 lbs at the most... The grand total? 7lbs, 2oz. That's right... the four week early baby would have been some 8lbs if he'd have gone to term (or daggone close to 8lbs).

    I'm just saying... ;-)

    Either way, you know I wish you well and a speedy recovery.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Jun 09, 09:32:00 PM  

  • Next Monday? Yikes a-roo!

    I hesitate to bring this up but while your having little Faith, I will be with my two little knuckleheads in the Magic Kingdom. Have Ironman call Mickey Mouse and ask him to relay a message to me that everything turned out okay.

    By Blogger Merle Sneed, at Mon Jun 09, 10:03:00 PM  

  • 6-8 pounds is nothing don't worry about it at all--the smallest baby in my human's family was 8.5.

    By Blogger Bobby D., at Tue Jun 10, 01:40:00 PM  

  • Just be glad you're not pushing her out! Ouch! Good luck!

    By Blogger *~*Cece*~*, at Wed Jun 11, 05:57:00 PM  

  • A house in perfect order? Is there such a thing? I thought that was only in fairy tales? And women being skinny and not having any pain postpartum is only in soap operas. So have as many naps as you can fit in because once you and Faith get home next week you'll be wishing you had spent more time sleeping before she was born.

    Each time my baby would reach 6 weeks I'd start to wonder if I'd ever sleep again. My "baby" - Miss Jess - is 20 years old and I'm still wondering the same thing. hehe...

    Personally, I never would have allowed a video camera into the delivery room. I never had a c-section and I often wonder if my hubby would have passed out if I had and he had been there. haha.. Oh well. Like you said, he could video tape it if he wants and then you could decide if you ever wanted to see it again or not.

    By Blogger Nancy Jensen, at Thu Jun 12, 10:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home