Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Latest in Baby World

You guys are the coolest in the world for checking in on me!

I had my check-up this morning. ZERO signs that Faith is coming early. She's barely even dropped at all.

We had some excitement because my blood pressure was being wacky. I was sent to labor and delivery to be monitored for a couple of hours. The blood work and other monitoring came back great. I got to have an ultrasound, and I was AMAZED how well I could see her!!! I'm not used to getting to see a 37 week old baby on ultrasound. She was looking around, sticking her tongue out, and drinking a little amniotic fluid. YUM!

I found out she has little to no hair, big chipmunk cheeks, and weighs 6 pounds 11ounces.

I also found myself freaking out a little when I thought it was a real possibility we might have to do a c-section today because of my blood pressure. I realized I'm not as ready as I thought. The past couple of days have been MUCH more pleasant hormonally. Maybe that's just because one of my closest girlfriends who has put up with me for nearly 3 decades was in town. Raging hormones or not, you can't help but de-stress when you're laughing non-stop. It took my mind off my discomfort. I don't know how I'll feel tomorrow, but as of today I'm okay with Faith waiting until her c-section date. It's less than 2 weeks away at this point. Woo hoo!

I had more I was going to write, but I'm super sleepy. Sleep is not something I'm getting much of these days. More later!

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home