Friday, June 27, 2008

Still Hanging On...

Still surviving...doing fine by most standards....completely exhausted...haven't even taken any new pics of the baby since we've been home...I suck...need humane advice for getting a newborn to stay awake during the day so she doesn't want to party all night...why did I think I could handle a newborn and 3 children 4 years old and younger without a nanny? Will be back eventually assuming I can scrape together some brain cells. I'd like to share my c-section story with you when I have more time and less fatigue. I'll warn you now not to read it if there's any chance you could be having a c-section any time soon. Despite my age and misery during pregnancy, my c-section experience is by far going to be the biggest deterrant to stopping at 4 children. All the dining room chairs are now filled at my table. I could very well be calling it quits on the baby making thing.

Before I go and stumble into furniture and cry over how many dishes need to be washed, I'd like to thank all of you for your sweet comments about baby Faith. :D It's been fun having an inbox full of nice comments, and my attention span is equal to the length of a blog comment...so thank you from the bottom of my heart. More lata!

Crap! Of all days for spell check to not be working...I just typed in "bierd" and spell check didn't catch it. Good luck understanding this post.

5 Comments:

  • awwwwww, hang in there honey! I'm sorry it's so rough right now. I haven't had as many small children so close together as you do, but I've been through the ringer with my last two - especially since they were born in between Jessica's last 3 heart surgeries.

    Here's a few tips:

    If you can, eat mostly sandwiches and other foods that are easy and fast to make and that don't leave a huge mess that needs to be cleaned up.

    use paper plates and cups - you don't need to deal with washing so many dishes right now.

    If you really crave a hot meal, do a crock-pot dinner. Our favorite crock-pot meal is to throw in some beef (roast or other cheap cuts) - after it's done cooking, shred the beef and mix with store-bought bbq sauce. It's good in tortillas = burritos, on hamburger buns or even by it's self. I make a lot and put the rest in the fridge - it lasts us several days.

    If you can get your hubby to grill outside - have him cook a bunch of your favorites and put the extra in the fridge. Really easy to reheat in the microwave and no big mess. We do this too and I love it. Hubby has chicken, beef and pork marinating in the fridge and he is going to grill tomorrow. yay!

    If it's in your budget, see if you can hire a local teenager to do some basic cleaning - or to watch the children while you do the cleaning - or even have a nap! Maybe there's some young women at your church wanting to earn a few extra bucks?

    And lastly, if you want to keep Faith awake, and this sounds really horrible, but try to play with her after a feeding or diaper change. My babies would fall asleep while feeding and I would use a damp washcloth and wipe their faces, feet and legs to help them wake up enough to finish eating or whatever. Good luck with that.

    Try to take care of yourself. Lots of (((hugs))) to you!

    By Blogger Nancy Jensen, at Fri Jun 27, 05:22:00 PM  

  • Hang in there Jenny Haha. You can do this. It's gonna suck for a couple of months, yes. But its gonna be worth it and you'll get through it. NOW GO TAKE ME A PICTURE OF SOME BABY TOES. I LOVE BABY TOES.

    By Blogger Unknown, at Fri Jun 27, 10:10:00 PM  

  • Your dining room is full--how sweet--lucky you.

    By Blogger Bobby D., at Sat Jun 28, 10:52:00 AM  

  • I remember those blurry first few weeks. And I had a hubby who took three weeks off work to help and no other children, just a pissy cat. And it was still exhausting and hard and we partied lots in the middle of the night. Post C Section is no picnic. Hang in there, love. YOu'll find your groove. Enjoy your beautiful new addition!

    By Blogger Ann(ie), at Sat Jun 28, 11:44:00 AM  

  • hang in there dear.

    Why did you think so? Because prenancy kills braincells and you werent thinking, but you can do it....good luck!

    By Blogger carmachu, at Sat Jun 28, 03:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home