Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I HATE THE GYM!!!

Is anybody still reading this blog? If so, what's wrong with you? I'm the worst blogger EVER! But thank you. :D

I want to yell today...and possibly curse. Want to know where I've been?
I'll tell ya where...
WORKING OUT AND EATING CRAP DIET/HEALTHY FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have any encouragement for a chick ALREADY wanting to quit working out? I pay $20 per session with a personal trainer (pretty cheap admittedly) and have been about 7 times. For that much money as well as tasty food deprivation, I had hoped to look like a movie star by now. I know! I know! It takes time. It took 9 months to put the weight on, I can't take it off in 3 weeks. Whatever.

I come home freaking SORE and exhausted. I did my weekly shopping last week the day after a leg work out. It hurt so badly to squat down and get things off lower shelves that I wanted to just lie there and ask someone to pull me by my arms when I wanted to go further down the aisle.

When does the added energy kick in from exercising and eating healthy? I'm tired!! And I'm so sick of calorie counting already. I figured just cutting out soft drinks and fast food would make a big difference, but I'm eating crap diet food as well. I've hardly lost any weight.

We had WHEAT spaghetti last night. FREAKIN' WHEAT SPAGHETTI!!!!!! Ironman almost barfed. He's ready for me to get back to our lazy and more tasty lifestyle, too. I'm not used to cooking every night or even eating 3 meals a day. And if I DO cook, I want it to have gravy or what's the point??? We're in TEXAS for gosh sakes! It should be fried and smothered with gravy...and possibly butter!

I MISS MR. PIBB AND CHOCOLATE FOR BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I'm not even close to being done complaining. I get my ass to the gym with 4 kids THREE days a week despite their growing desire to NOT go to the nursery. Lin had her heart appt. Monday, so I worked out to a video at home that day and did THREE Pilate's videos yesterday. THREE!!!!

I want to strangle my trainer. I don't think she has kids or a husband, and she's new to town. She can live at the gym if she wants. She wants to know why I'm not out walking at night (hello...105 degrees here) or making it to the gym to do cardio on my days off. She has me write down everything I eat. I've had 1 Mr. Pibb, and this is the middle of my 3rd week. She looks at my meals and keeps pointing out that same Mr. Pibb and says, "I'd like to see this cut out completely." THAT WAS LIKE THREE WEEKS AGO LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW MUCH MORE CAN I CUT OUT MR. PIBB IF I'M HAVING NONE! FREAKING NONE!!!! I HAVE NO CAFFEINE AND I'M ABOUT TO CUT SOMEONE!!!!!

So anyway, I don't completely deprive myself of chocolate. I eat cookies in the 100 calorie pack. I allow myself a cheat meal on weekends. I temporarily fell off the diet wagon a couple of times, but my calories have been drastically cut. My trainer is happy regarding my diet and even my moments of weakness. Then why aren't the pounds melting off?????

I did nothing to lose weight after my other three kids. Somehow it just eventually came off. I ate whatever I wanted. I never even looked at a gym for at least a year after my third child was born. If I got the results I wanted before with no effort, then why am I busting my butt now? The results are definitely not immediate. I guess things feel firmer, but I want the scale to reflect major weight loss which ain't happening. All that work for 1-2 pounds a week? This is going to take forever!!!!!!!!!!

I need to lose 20 more pounds to be back to pre-baby size. I honestly expected the first five or so to come off super fast. I figured the last 10 pounds would be work--which would only be as tough as what I'm doing now. THIS SUCKS! I'm SICK of maternity clothes! I don't fit in any of my regular clothes, and I refuse to buy new clothes for the size I am now. If I did that, I'd feel totally defeated.

So I think that about covers my complaints. I'm going to try to catch a nap before fixing something disgusting for dinner. Bleck. If you can muster any encouragement or advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

33 Comments:

  • I just wanted to let you know I'm still reading. I don't have any winning words of wisdom, besides stick with it. Easier said than done, I know.

    By Blogger Erin, at Wed Aug 06, 03:09:00 PM  

  • Sucks, doesn't it. And I am going to tell you what everyone is telling me. You're older this time. Yeah, I hated hearing it too, but dang if it isn't true!

    By Blogger Sara, at Wed Aug 06, 03:12:00 PM  

  • I'm still reading!

    The only thing I miss about pregnancy is the ability to eat whatever I want. Now, I enjoy being able to drink! lol I'm still trying to take off my baby weight and its been six years! LMAO

    By Blogger *~*Cece*~*, at Wed Aug 06, 05:03:00 PM  

  • Dearie, we love you no matter your size.

    By Blogger Merle Sneed, at Wed Aug 06, 10:30:00 PM  

  • You are NUTS! I have no idea how you cook, clean and even function so soon after having a baby - not to mention the twins and a toddler... 4 little kids and you are working out at a gym? And... does the baby sleep through the night yet?

    My advice.... don't worry about it so much. You are going to kill yourself - unless Ironman gets to you first. I agree with him - wholegrain pasta sucks!

    But seriously, try not to kill yourself by pushing yourself too hard. Look back over your post and SEE HOW MANY TIMES YOU WERE YELLING BECAUSE YOU WERE SO STRESSED OUT?! LOL! I'd be yelling and cussing if I had to completely give up my diet coke, too! Nobody wants that!

    I'm not saying to completely give up, but give yourself a break and tell Miss Gym lady to BACK OFF! or a crazy lady from AZ will come to confront her and it won't be pretty. ;)

    Love ya, honey and you don't want to know how many lbs I'm still trying to take off since my last pregnancy....... 12 yrs ago! *gah!*

    By Blogger Nancy Jensen, at Thu Aug 07, 06:01:00 AM  

  • I hate it when you are tired because I want you all the time, not just on the weekends!

    By Blogger Ironman, at Thu Aug 07, 06:09:00 PM  

  • you are so HOT !!!!!

    By Blogger Ironman, at Thu Aug 07, 06:10:00 PM  

  • i was going to write something sweet and encouraging, but then i saw your husband leave soemthing sweet... and spicy. Dont knock yourself out, one day at a time and pretty soon you will feel better. Good luck, to you.

    Now only i wish i could blame my weight problem on having a child.

    By Blogger Marcia, at Fri Aug 08, 12:18:00 AM  

  • Whole wheat pasta? gah!!!! That's like eating a plate full of branches.

    So sorry you're struggling with this. I struggled w/ weight, eating, and exercising for years and I haven't even given birth to anything yet :) The one thing that has worked for me is Weight Watchers because it's real food, real world situations, no crazy diets, or personal trainers, or supplements, etc. With their program, I managed to lose the 40 lbs. that found me in college. Meetings may be hard to attend with all of the kids, but they've got a great website where you can track your eating, participate in message boards, and read some really motivational stories. And they've got great workout DVDs too (for home . . . . save yourself having to deal with th gym nazi). It's much easier to maintain your weight after losing it through their program b/c by the time you've lost it, you'r eeating behaviors and mentality have really changed, that you really don't crave the junk (as much). They really teach you about what's good for you; it's certinly not a "get skinny quick and then rebound" program.

    E-mail me anytime - I love to talk w/ people about healthy living in general: missgotwings@hotmail.com

    Good luck!
    Kate

    By Blogger Kate, at Fri Aug 08, 02:14:00 PM  

  • grrrrrrl,

    I think you definitely need to ask for another trainer. B/c three times in the gym is INSANE, much less getting in there other days, or walking at night. In several years, if she gets out of the gym long enough to have kids, she will realize what a BRAINLESS IDIOT she was.

    Also, I think it is that anything past your second pregnancy and your muscles just give the hell up. I've been seeing pics of me after # 2 and I was skinny! And now here I am 2 years later and still look, literally, six months pregnant.

    Hang in there girl, you're not as out of shape as you think you are!!!!!!!!!

    By Blogger headlesschickie, at Fri Aug 08, 06:41:00 PM  

  • Good for you! But toss the whole wheat pasta. We eat Dreamfields. It looks, cooks and tastes just like regular pasta but it only has 5 digestable carbs!!!! We love it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Aug 09, 01:17:00 AM  

  • Okay.....you just had your FOURTH freaking child...cut yourself some slack!

    I bet it is just taking your metabolism a little while to get back on the bandwagon!

    Keep on eating healthy and exercising...you will be a sexy beyotch in NO time! I know it!

    I am suffering the same heartache. Though...I did not just have a child! I just ate a lot and gained a crapload of weight!
    D*MN!

    By Blogger Queen of the Mayhem, at Sat Aug 09, 09:33:00 PM  

  • just chase your other three kids around the house. Thats got to be better cardio than the gym.

    By Blogger carmachu, at Sun Aug 10, 09:08:00 AM  

  • still reading.

    By Blogger Evening Star, at Sun Aug 10, 01:09:00 PM  

  • Still reading. Ignore the scale, judge by how your clothes are fitting.

    And if you continue to work so hard and don't see any result, GET YOUR THYROID TESTED!!! I spent eight horrible weeks in the summer of 2005 in the gym for 2 hours a day, six days a week. I counted every last calorie that went into my mouth, every day, for EIGHT weeks. And I didn't lose ONE stinkin' pound. My trainer finally suggested that I see my doctor. Guess what? I was diagnosed with thyroiditis and that was the cause of the lack of weight loss despite my best efforts. I went on Synthroid and in six weeks had lost 5 pounds while only making it to the gym 2-3 days a week.

    Pregnancy is known for wreaking havoc on a woman's thyroid.

    And you do get used to the whole wheat pasta after a while. I love the Barilla Plus pasta, but had to stop buying it since it contains eggs and Brad is kind of allergic to eggs.

    By Blogger Ladybug, at Mon Aug 11, 09:52:00 PM  

  • Hello,

    My name is Marion Bishop and I'm the webmaster of www.pinhole-glasses-direct.com

    Would you be interested in writing an unbiased review of our product?

    If you are, we can send you a free sample of the product which we would like you to review, and it is free of any shipping charges.

    Feel free to contact me at pohsibnioram@gmail.com

    Best regards,

    Marion Bishop

    By Blogger Unknown, at Tue Aug 12, 12:28:00 AM  

  • Dennis says don't buy bigger clothes. That is a road you don't want to start traveling down. Dennis' granny stayed slim --and she had 6 kiddies. It can be done.


    Dennis didn't bite the pink hat exactly, he just tasted it. (see Dennis have therapy)

    By Blogger dennis, at Tue Aug 12, 09:50:00 AM  

  • Wheat pasta? lots of peeps are allergic to WHEAT. it's put in everything as filler (filler= fattening) just eat regular pasta but less.

    By Blogger dennis, at Tue Aug 12, 09:51:00 AM  

  • When I was a kid, I ate pretty much nothing but lettuce sandwhiches.

    Just break, with some lettuce in between. No dressing, no bacon, no nothing. Just bread and lettuce.

    You could count my ribs.

    By Blogger Jansky T, at Wed Aug 13, 02:40:00 PM  

  • i work out at home

    By Blogger edward, at Fri Aug 15, 09:45:00 PM  

  • Hi, The weight will come off because I know you, and the weight will come off--every last pound.

    I made a short film about your life and am going to post it on my blog. But I don't know when you'll be available to see it--let me know.

    By Blogger Bobby D., at Mon Aug 18, 05:49:00 PM  

  • Dennis wonders about thyroid meds---can you go off of them once your thyroid is normal again or is it a lifetime on the pills? what are the side effects. Thyroid can be helped along by nutritional therapies, maybe you should try that first after getting your thyroid checked.

    By Blogger dennis, at Mon Aug 18, 11:04:00 PM  

  • Dennis just asks these q's because his neighbor has been on thyroid meds for a decade and her doctor says it would be a disaster if she stopped taking them. she has side effects too.

    By Blogger dennis, at Mon Aug 18, 11:06:00 PM  

  • whats the deal?

    By Blogger edward, at Tue Aug 19, 10:16:00 PM  

  • whats the deal?

    By Blogger edward, at Tue Aug 19, 10:16:00 PM  

  • sorry my paw slipped up on the last comment I meant to ask where you were.

    By Blogger edward, at Tue Aug 19, 10:17:00 PM  

  • when are you going to be around?

    By Blogger edward, at Tue Aug 19, 10:18:00 PM  

  • do you even know I exist?

    By Blogger edward, at Tue Aug 19, 10:19:00 PM  

  • sorry i know you're really busy

    By Blogger edward, at Tue Aug 19, 10:19:00 PM  

  • I admit I haven't read in awhile. But you're linked over at my house, so I clicked on my own little linky.

    Anyway, mix the whole wheat spag with normal spag half and half until you get used to it, then gradually work up to the whole wheat.

    By Blogger BJ Knapp, at Thu Aug 21, 09:39:00 AM  

  • Muscle weighs more than fat. If you're getting slimmer but not losing weight, then you can reasonable argue that you're simple more muscular than you were before.

    I've never met a woman who wants to be particularly Schartzeneger-esque, but if you continue along the getting-stronger-not-lighter path, you should eventually be able to open jars simply by staring at them and flexing in their general direction. Which is exactly the sort of thing that's useful... uh...

    Right. Well, good luck to you.

    By Blogger Tom, at Fri Aug 22, 12:31:00 AM  

  • Pour some hot grease on that whole wheat spaghetti. Faith is worth it all.

    By Blogger Mrs. Joyce, at Mon Aug 25, 09:33:00 PM  

  • PS - I tagged you in a meme on my ladybug site!

    By Blogger Ladybug, at Thu Aug 28, 12:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home