Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Waaaay old draft

Update: Oh my gosh! This is such an old draft!!!! But I'll post it because of the state cracker question.

Woo hoo! Little Bit turned one month old yesterday and has slept through the night twice in the past week or so. This is SUCH a good thing because I turn into Mommy Dearest when I don't sleep much. I fear my children are going to be so unstable because it feels like I'm either yelling or apologizing for yelling. There really is some middle ground in there, but I hate days when it feels like all I'm doing is policing them. They survived the pregnancy. Now if they can just survive the sleep deprivation mode, I think we'll be free and clear. I promise to pay for all of their counseling when they're adults.

Another reason I'm a bad mother is because I have no group photos of all my children as one of the cat readers requested. I hope the long, tall, Texan photos in Little Bit's ten gallon hat make up for it. Do people outside of Texas know that song?





Here's another question I have while we're on the topic of Texas...

We have Texas shaped everything in Texas. We are probably the most egotistical state when it comes to our shape which I must admit...TOTALLY ROCKS! So here's my question, do other states take pride in their shape? If you saw an outline of your state on a t-shirt, would you know it's your state? If you saw a pot holder in the shape of your state, would you recognize it or think that you were looking at a really screwed up pot holder? I was eating a box of Texas shaped crackers the other day and wondered, "Are there Iowa shaped crackers?" Someday I would like to get to the bottom of this, so please leave any information you have in the comment section.

5 Comments:

  • Heck, the people IN Texas don't know what song you are talking about!

    By Blogger Erin, at Tue Sep 02, 09:23:00 PM  

  • well I'm in Colorado and everything is pretty much shaped like us -- like this box that I'm typing my comment in, and the monitor, and the desk, and the chair, and all my crackers!

    Oh yeah... and I know which song you are talking about

    By Blogger momumo, at Wed Sep 03, 10:05:00 AM  

  • I asked the SAME QUESTION to a friend of mine from New Hampshire. Like do commercials say, "as big as Texas", like all of our commercials do?
    Nice to know others have random thoughts.

    Faith is gorgeous by the way!!

    By Blogger Coco, at Wed Sep 03, 09:22:00 PM  

  • There's not a lot of Texas talk over here in South Carolina. Our state shape is very recognizable, at least to me, but we don't plaster it all over the place. We're more likely to use our state flag, a dark blue backgroud with a palmetto tree and a crescent moon. They make everything out of it, especially flip flops and car stickers. You can replace the head of the palmetto with all kinds of sports balls to show what you're into. You can also cleverly change the colors in support of your favorite college. South Carolina has the greatest flag in the nation. ;)

    By Blogger Unknown, at Thu Sep 04, 05:32:00 AM  

  • michigan is nice, the bottom part is like a mitten!

    By Blogger edward, at Tue Sep 09, 11:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home